I’ve been meaning to do this post for awhile and since I’ve just passed the 200 followers’ mark I figured I’d better get my act together 🙂
The rules seemed to vary a bit so I decided to go for the easier ones:
1. Link and thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions asked of you
3. Pick a few bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
4. Ask them a few questions
5. Let them know by commenting on one of their posts
So, here are the questions I’ve been asked!
Classy Cat (Liza)’s Questions
- Do you listen to music when you read? What genre?
Not when I read, ‘cause I find it distracting, but when I write I listen to kpop, sometimes Lorde or Lily Allen, sometimes 1920s jazz.
- What’s your favourite snack to eat while you read? If any…
I can’t eat while I read. Must keep both hands clean.
- Do you like cats? If not, why not?
Not especially: I am a dog person. Cats act an awful lot like people, y’see… but they are cute.
- What type of animal do you most identify with?
Dogs. Love ‘em. Also, I can be a real bitch sometimes…
- Choose an adjective/adverb that starts with the same letter as your first name and also describes you.
- What’s your favourite Disney movie and/or song from a Disney movie?
Let It Go from Frozen. Is everyone sick of it yet? I’m not.
I also like Tangled’s I’ve Got A Dream.
- What is your favourite word?
- What is your favourite book?
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.
- Who is your favourite author (other than the one who wrote your favourite book)?
I really like Darren Shan. Goes to show how an author can REALLY improve beyond the first published books. Darren Shan Saga was a dream for me, and Demonata had some wicked ideas, even if the main guy was a douche. The other two protagonists were fantastic though.
- If you could pick any character to be your best friend and/or boyfriend, who would it be and why?
I guess… Miss Marple? She’d be a wonderful friend, and useful in case someone gets murdered.
- How many words can you make with the letters in ‘Classy Cat’?
Class, talc, cyst, ass, calc, alt.
Hmm… not very pretty words I’ve got… but I got six!
1. Which beverage is your perfect pairing to a book?
I have to agree with Ruth here: tea is my favourite drink. I have had wine in the past but I’ve gone off it recently – ever since I came back from Spain I find Australian wine giving me horrible acid reflux…
Anyway: tea. Black, white, red & green, I love it all.
2. Which is your favourite inspirational quote?
Well, my favourite quote isn’t inspirational, but I want to put it in anyway:
“As to hanging, it is no great hardship. For were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the sea, that the men of courage must starve.”
– Mary Read, obviously including herself and Anne Bonny when speaking of ‘men’. After all, women are just men with the ‘wo’ bits 😉
3. If you are not you, who would you want to be?
I’m a writer. I can be whoever I like, and some I don’t, just for kicks.
Having said that, I’d also like to be Shadowcat. I keep having these dreams where I move through walls…
4. What is your favourite song? How did it become your favourite?
How can anyone pick one? Um… Green Day’s Basket Case helps me get through the bad days.
5. Three words which best describe you?
Dreamer, cynic, loner.
Now for the nominees! I am using the wordpress count for blogs under 200 followers.
And for the questions… (some borrowed, some new)
1. What pets do you have/want?
2. What part of the world do you live, and what’s the weather like outside? (what? I’m curious)
3. What does Christmas mean to you?
4. What food do you prepare for Christmas?
5. If the world ended in a massive flood, what item of civilisation would you hold above the waves?
6. If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
7. Three words which best describe you?
8. Pixar or Dreamworks? Why?
9. What’s your favourite flower?
10. If you were born as a different gender, but still raised by the same family, do you think you would’ve turned out differently?
You don’t have to answer that last question if you don’t want to. Maybe it wasn’t fair to ask. Let me go first: I don’t identify strongly as female, and I’d like to think that if I were a man I wouldn’t be much different. I’d be not-really-feminine, not-really-masculine-at-all-unless-you-count-my-foul-mouth. Maybe I’d have a higher sex drive. Maybe I’d have a partner (though I doubt it – insecurities aren’t gender-restrictive). I wouldn’t have survived as well in the mines industry as a timid guy, so maybe I would’ve gotten out of it earlier. I also would have moved out of home earlier because I don’t like the idea of being a man living at home with his mum, but that’s just me, only in regards to me. Other than that, I think I’d be mostly the same. My interests wouldn’t be any different, except I would be reading more books with male POVs and fewer books with female POVs, purely for relating to the protagonist. Would I read fewer romance books? I’m not real sure on that…